HRH The Princess Royal will present the second annual Ockenden International Prize for refugee projects at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University on 18 February 2014. The prize is awarded to an existing project with proven benefits and outcomes in self-reliance for refugees or internally displaced people.
This year's finalists include:
- Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), Zimbabwe, for its project in Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces, where durable solutions for IDPs (Internally Displaced Peoples) are being successfully implemented.
- The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), India, for its ‘Protection and Livelihood Assistance to Sri Lankan refugees’ project, working across 54 camps in 18 districts of Tamil Nadu, India.
- ActionAid India for the project: Humanitarian support for internally displaced tribal communities in Khammam District, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The two runners-up will each receive $15,000.
- The Ockenden Prizes [External]
- Dawn Chatty [Profile]
- Kirsten McConnachie [Profile]