This theme examines the causes and consequences of forced migration. Our research projects aim to improve the ways in which the causes of forced migration are understood and addressed, and to minimise the negative consequences and maximise the positive opportunities arising from specific contexts of displacement.
This research theme explores the following questions:
- What drives forced migration?
- How are its causes changing over time?
- In what ways are its various causes interrelated?
- How do (and should) the factors that generate forced migration influence the character of appropriate responses to it?
- How might the drivers of forced migration best be addressed?