Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh awarded IASFM Lisa Gilad Prize
- 9 January 2013
Dr Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh awarded prize for research on faith and humanitarianism
The International Association for the Study of Forced Migration (IASFM) has awarded Dr Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh the Lisa Gilad Prize for 'the most innovative and thoughtful contribution to the advancement of refugee studies' in 2011 and 2012.
The prize has been awarded at the 2013 biennial IASFM meeting in Kolkata in recognition of Dr Fiddian-Qasmiyeh's article 'The pragmatics of performance: putting "faith" in aid in the Sahrawi refugee camps' which was published in a special issue of the Journal of Refugee Studies, edited by Dr Fiddian-Qasmiyeh, on Faith-Based Humanitarianism in Contexts of Forced Displacement in 2011 (vol 24, issue 3).
- People / Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh
- Publications / Special Issue: Faith-Based Humaintarianism in Contexts of Forced Displacement
- Publications / The pragmatics of performance: putting 'faith' in aid in the Sahrawi refugee camps
- Research / Faith-Based Humanitarianism in Contexts of Forced Migration
- International Association for the Study of Forced Migration (IASFM)