About the workshop
The RSC and the International Refugee Rights Initiative in Uganda hosted an invitation-only, two-day workshop on the state of Refugee Status Determination (RSD) and refugee rights in Southern and East Africa, generously funded by the Commonwealth Foundation.
The workshop was aimed at practitioners and academics working on RSD, refugee rights and related themes in Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, countries where governments have assumed full or at least some responsibility for carrying out RSD from UNHCR. The workshop promoted the sharing of knowledge, experiences and insights with a view to building capacity around refugee rights across the region.
- Publications / Refugee Status Determination and Rights in Southern and East Africa (Event Report)
- Publications / An overview of refugee status determination and the rights of refugees in Kenya (Presentation)
- Publications / Refugee status determination and rights in Malawi (Presentation)
- Publications / Refugee status determination and refugee rights in Tanzania (Presentation)
- Publications / Refugee Status Determination in South Africa (Presentation)
- Publications / The administration of refugees in Zambia (Presentation)