Beyond Crisis conference - Frequently asked questions
How can I register?
Currently registration links are being sent out to people who will present at the conference. The last day for these successful applicants to register for the conference is 10 February.
We will announce nearer to the conference registration details for those who are not presenting a paper.
My paper is co-authored. Is the co-author invited?
The Conference Committee worked under the assumption that only the paper proposer would attend the conference. Please contact us by Friday 27 January if this poses a problem.
How much does the conference cost?
There are a limited number of places available, so we would encourage you to reserve your place as soon as possible.
- Standard conference registration with accommodation £350.00 - includes 2 days at the conference, the conference dinner (Thursday 16th March) and 1 night standard accommodation with breakfast at Keble College (Friday 17th March) ** Please note that accommodation is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Standard conference registration £250.00 - includes 2 days at the conference and the conference dinner (Thursday 16th March)
- Student conference registration £195.00 - includes 2 days at the conference and the conference dinner (Thursday 16th March) ** to complete this transaction, you will need to attach a scanned copy of your university card.
What if I would like to spend extra nights at Keble College?
The £350 registration fee only covers 1 night at Keble College. If you would like to stay any additional nights at Keble College, please visit their website (http://www.keble.ox.ac.uk/bed-breakfast). When making the reservation for the additional nights, please inform them that you will be attending the Refugee Studies Centre conference. Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Alternative accommodation in Oxford
There are many hotels and b&bs in Oxford. The following websites provide some suggestions
What if I need a visa?
If you need to apply for a visa, the Events Office can supply you with a Visa Support letter. Please send an email to email@example.com and include the following details:
- Your full name (as shown in your passport)
- Your full address
- Current position
- Name of organisation where you work
- Passport number
What happens next?
Once you have registered, the Events Office will send you a confirmation of your place. You will be asked to complete a table with details regarding your paper or presentation. Around two weeks before the conference, the panel moderator will contact you to share information about your panel.
Each panel is 1h45 minutes long. Initial presentations should remain short (10-15 minutes) allowing more time for discussion and debate. Your moderator can provide you with more information if necessary.
Please note, papers do not need to be submitted in advance.
Registration at Keble College is scheduled from 8:30 – 9:30 on Thursday 16 March. This will be followed by the Director’s Welcome and then the opening plenary lecture. The conference will come to a close on Friday 17 March around 17:30.
For any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Events Office: firstname.lastname@example.org